No-one should have to live with abuse or neglect. It is always wrong, whatever the circumstances. Don’t assume that someone else is doing something about the situation.
- If you, or the person you are concerned about, are injured, call an ambulance or a doctor.
- If you think a crime has been committed, contact the police.
- Contact West Sussex Adults’ Services for advice. You can do this without giving your name.
Abuse or neglect can be deliberate or unintentional and can happen anywhere!
- at home;
- in a care home, hospital or day service;
- at work or at school or college; or
- in a public place or in the community