7th October 2016
New Learning Disabilities Core Skills Education and Training Framework Launched by Skills for Health, Health Education England and Skills for Care. It is a new resource to support health and social care staff and educators in England who work with people living with a learning disability.
The Framework sets out the essential skills and knowledge necessary for all staff involved in learning disability care and will enable organisations to:
- Identify key skills and knowledge for roles and team
- Plan and design content for education and training
- Commission education and training
- Conduct training needs analysis
- Support performance management processes and the assessment of competence